Tuesday, April 22, 2014

AGAIN???

I shared about our Easter weekend over on my stroke blog. I'll let you catch up with the details there. In other news, it has already been an eventful Resurrection Week in our home...
 


Yesterday afternoon I posted to Facebook:
I'm just home from the emergency room. Our daughter, already in a cast and on crutches for a broken foot, fell at school first thing this morning. She landed on her wrist and either sprained in badly and/or broke it. All the medical staff to examine her today indicated their belief it was broken, but x-rays came back with no obvious break, so she is in a cast-like splint, sling, and in a wheel chair since she still can't put weight on her broken foot and can no longer manage crutches with her wrist! This is a big testing week at school but she can't even hold a pencil right now! We have another round of x-rays in a week! (I promise, I'm not that good (or crazy!) of a fiction writer, so this is real!!!)

Just since my strokes, she has had 2 confirmed breaks (feet, both times, though she has previously broken each arm and had a couple of really bad sprains as well), her foot in a walking boot for another near-break, bad sprain, and now whatever this turns out to be! *sigh* Pictures coming if I can figure out how to get them off my phone. Tomorrow will hopefully be spent caring for emergency testing intervention with the school as she only has 10 more days to make up this week's testing!

 
As a fun side note, I found 2 hats within the past couple weeks, including one on an after-Easter Target clearance today, and spent a total of $2.50 for both of them! :D


No comments: